Support for Economics PhD

Anything related to any of the Member's Lounges in BackerClub.
Ayorinde

Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:49 am

https://igg.me/at/econphd/x/17280144

WHAT IT'S ABOUT
This September I will begin a 3-year Ph.D. in Economics at the University of Reading, UK.  My research will focus on the measures (quantitative easing) taken by major Central Banks (The US Fed and Bank of Englands) Policies to cushion the effects of the 2007/2009 Global Financial crisis. The Central Banks engaged in the use of Unconventional Monetary policy to stabilize the economy. However, this has implications for the economy.  I will explore extensively how respective policies affected various economies.  I will also write chapters and papers on the effects of these policies and the normalization of the policy.

I will be working on this with two supervisors 

Primary Supervisor Dr. Alexander Mihailov http://www.reading.ac.uk/economics/abou ... ailov.aspx
Secondary Supervisor Dr. James Reade http://www.reading.ac.uk/economics/abou ... reade.aspx

IMPACT
I really believe this research can make a unique and groundbreaking contribution to the global discussion about Unconventional monetary policy.  It opens doors for understanding how to cushion effects of financial crisis.  The research is also groundbreaking in that it will be the first Ph.D. to focus on normalization effects of Quantitative easing which is currently a topic of debate.

MY STORY SO FAR
Born and raised in the Nigeria, I moved with to Kenya in 2015,  Over the years, I gained an undergraduate degree in Economics graduating from the Ahmadu Bello University Zaria in 2010.   In June 2014, I graduated from University of Ibadan with a Masters in Economics and Similarly In June 2017 I graduated from Pan Africa University Kenya with a Masters in mathematical finance.  I’ve now accepted an offer to begin the PhD this September with two enthusiastic and supportive supervisors from the Department of Economics as mentioned above.

I’m a lifelong lover of economics, a voracious reader of books and academic research, it turns out I have the right giftings and skill set to pursue an academic career.  Now I just need the funding.  Scholarships and grants for arts and humanities research are very scarce in the present economy.  We hope to raise tuition for the PhD, but even if this crowdfunding campaign simply helps put a real dent in those costs, we’ll be so grateful.  
It’s never too late to discover your vocation in life! Thanks for considering being a part of this important project.

Perks
$5 USD
Credit in My PhD

Credit in PhD Your name will be credited in the PhD and forever engraved on our thankful hearts. unlimited availability
Items included:
Credit in My PhD
0 claimed
Estimated September 2017
$20 USD
A Thank you E-card

A thank you E-card
Items included:
A Thank you E-card
0 claimed
Estimated September 2017
$30 USD