March April Private Lounge Feedback

Anything related to any of the Member's Lounges in BackerClub.
Rhonda T

Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:04 pm

The March-April contest is only a few days old, so things could change, but it seems to have increased feedback to new campaigns, but only from 5-10 backers.

Interestingly at least 2 of the eligible projects have a decent number of BackerClub backers (145 for arc lighter and 58 for supervisor, but only 5 and 7 commenters respectively.). So either Backers are ignoring the lounge ( which I doubt, otherwise the founders would probably have not tried this idea, but only the Founders know own historical participation), members dislike prize $ (doubtful) or they don't think they have enough chance to win considering the time invoked to bother or ????

Therefore, what if members get X entries for each project backed. (2-5 range, perhaps). And Y entries for each comment (1-3 range, perhaps). Maybe a couple bonus entries if they both back and comment on the same campaign. More members would get entries and the contest would still support the core BC activities, and hopefully still produce more comments and more pledges for the month.

Thoughts?
TashaTurner

Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:04 am

Rhonda T wrote:The March-April contest is only a few days old, so things could change, but it seems to have increased feedback to new campaigns, but only from 5-10 backers.

Interestingly at least 2 of the eligible projects have a decent number of BackerClub backers (145 for arc lighter and 58 for supervisor, but only 5 and 7 commenters respectively.). So either Backers are ignoring the lounge ( which I doubt, otherwise the founders would probably have not tried this idea, but only the Founders know own historical participation), members dislike prize $ (doubtful) or they don't think they have enough chance to win considering the time invoked to bother or ????

Therefore, what if members get X entries for each project backed. (2-5 range, perhaps). And Y entries for each comment (1-3 range, perhaps). Maybe a couple bonus entries if they both back and comment on the same campaign. More members would get entries and the contest would still support the core BC activities, and hopefully still produce more comments and more pledges for the month.

Thoughts?
I don't think the Arc lighter is part of the contest according to my list http://backerclub.co/forum/viewtopic.ph ... =304#p1352 which I'm keeping for Mark.

I wonder which goal is more important to mark (this is my best guess at the goals behind the mystery contest):

1. Getting more people to provide feedback so his marketing "get feedback from super backers" happens

Or

2. Get more people to pledge at least $1 on each campaign the day it goes live on BC so we have a bigger impact on Kickstarter algorithms

How about instead of doing some number of mystery projects all projects counted:

#1 gets 2 entries
#2 gets 2 entries
Both gets 10 entries
End of month 4 $250 drawings - 1 for each level (only for people in that level)
-Tasha http://www.kickstarter.com/profile/479254504
Backed over 3,700 Kickstarters
Social media coach http://tasha-turner.com @turner_tasha
Add signature: Click your name, click send private message, click Profile tab, click Edit signature
Rhonda T

Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:48 am

Tasha - you are correct, I mistakenly included ArcLighter. Instead we could substitute 2 other projects that are included and have almost 50 Backers, Odii and Razer Rings.

And it looks like I was further unclear in my Proposal,I also meant to count all comments and pledges, not just those to a chosen number of mystery projects.

Going to stop now before I make further unclear or erroneous comments. Thanks for the corrections
mdtommyd

Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:53 am

I think these are good ideas - summary and one additional idea:

1) Entries for backing any BC project any level
2) Entries for comments on any BC project
3) Keep the mystery project(s), bonus entries if you happened to support that one

This eliminates some of the grinding going on now, should boost the BC behaviors that the founders want, and still values all BC contributions to the cause.

If there's something else going on that the founders are trying to capture, I wish they would say.
--- Tom
ShadowCub

Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:44 pm

TashaTurner wrote:I'd go with the site ate it. I'm dying to see your lengthy response.
Been having all sorts of memory and cognition problems since I was in the hospital last mont, up to and including blackouts and doing things I'm not aware of, like posting to Facebook. The last few days, I've been noticing tremors in my hands and finger causing me to accidentally poke things on my phone that I didn't want to do. :(

tl;dr -- I don't remember what I wrote anymore, and probably wouldn't come close if I tried to recreate it.
TashaTurner

Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:53 pm

Blackouts are bad. Since the "hit by truck" in March 2012 I can relate to memory & cognition problems. :(

Take care of yourself. If this isn't normal see your doc.
Add signature: Click your name, click send private message, click Profile tab, click Edit signature
ShadowCub

Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:54 pm

mdtommyd wrote:I think these are good ideas - summary and one additional idea:

1) Entries for backing any BC project any level
2) Entries for comments on any BC project
3) Keep the mystery project(s), bonus entries if you happened to support that one
I like these ideas, especially #1 & 2. I could see doing this every month with a handful of static prizes ($100 - first, $50- 2nd-5, $10-6-10).

I could even see giving a set number of entries per item and by how many starts you have. So for a comment, I'd get 2 entries for my 2 stars, and Tasha would get 7 entries for her 7 starts. But then make one set of prizes for everyone. Yes, Tasha would win more often than me, but that's an encouragement for me to back more projects and get more stars.

Or maybe do the 1st-5th ($100 & $50) prizes across everyone, and do the $10 prizes by lounge so even the little guys have a decent chance of getting something.

Now granted, the number of projects coming online has dropped from when I did my initial numbers. We're not trending towards 126 instead of 140 total projects. But that doesn't change the results much. If I don't back multiple projects every day, there will be a decent chance, even at 1 a day, of getting no entries at all.

As such, I have continued my habit of making comments and suggestions to Creators via pm's on Kickstarter and NOT on here.
ShadowCub

Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:57 pm

TashaTurner wrote:Blackouts are bad. Since the "hit by truck" in March 2012 I can relate to memory & cognition problems. :(

Nowhere near normal. I think a lot of it is related to the MASSIVE med changes they made while I was in the hospital which even after seeing the appropriate doctor were in no way changed back. Saw them twice the first week of March, won't see them again until the end of April. :(

I'm just hoping nothing permanent is happening so that when things get corrected, I won't have lasting issues....
TashaTurner

Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:06 pm

I think I backed one project at $1 today. None looked interesting & I realized the contest is bad for me mentally. I may have commented on project(s) I didn't back. No longer need to get angry at "manly/sexist" projects if I don't care. My husband pointed out I usually vote with my money so giving even a $1 for projects I have major issues with was stupid and wasteful. Backing projects for $1 which I don't have an interest in also doesn't make sense.

So I'm going back to only backing projects that actually appeal. I may comment on projects I'm not backing out of habit "help creators" but won't do so on projects where I detest the goal or the presentation. This should lead to happier Tasha, happier creators, and more chances for others to win. It's a win for everyone. :mrgreen:
TashaTurner

Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:08 pm

ShadowCub wrote:
TashaTurner wrote:Blackouts are bad. Since the "hit by truck" in March 2012 I can relate to memory & cognition problems. :(

Nowhere near normal. I think a lot of it is related to the MASSIVE med changes they made while I was in the hospital which even after seeing the appropriate doctor were in no way changed back. Saw them twice the first week of March, won't see them again until the end of April. :(

I'm just hoping nothing permanent is happening so that when things get corrected, I won't have lasting issues....
Ugh I hate those kinds of med problems. I hate our medical establishments way of not listening to patients.