Backerclub rewards

Anything related to BackerClub.
wendy boyle

Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:43 pm

I really don't understand the point of a BC if we aren't given the privilege of being the first to see projects prior to release or the rest of the world. I also don't understand why they have to pay to have their projects highlighted here. Having access to up and coming projects would also give us the first option of early bird specials, haven't we earned that privilege. Wouldn't projects seen through BC get more exposure? We are serious about supporting peoples dreams and turn them into reality, not just a random pledge every now and then. The way this current BackerClub is set up just doesn't make sense. Sorry but it doesn't.
TashaTurner

Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:21 pm

wendy boyle wrote:I really don't understand the point of a BC if we aren't given the privilege of being the first to see projects prior to release or the rest of the world. I also don't understand why they have to pay to have their projects highlighted here. Having access to up and coming projects would also give us the first option of early bird specials, haven't we earned that privilege. Wouldn't projects seen through BC get more exposure? We are serious about supporting peoples dreams and turn them into reality, not just a random pledge every now and then. The way this current BackerClub is set up just doesn't make sense. Sorry but it doesn't.
BackerClub makes money for the founders.

Creators hope they get enough BC club members backing to justify both the cost of being a BC project & the perks they give members.

Members get perks from current live projects and some projects give extras to the group to be used as prizes in the "every few month lounge" sweepstakes. In a few cases we get to give advice to creators before projects go live. We also have this forum to talk with creators & potential creators about projects. Some of us use the forum to promote non-BC projects we are backing.

Yes it would be better in my opinion if we got more projects before they went live as we'd have a bigger impact on day one of a project and I believe projects which have gotten feedback from the group have benefited. For whatever reason we aren't seeing that happen. We've been around & branded since October/November 2014. I'm not sure why it's working out the way it is. I'm not one of the founders or privy to what's going on behind the scenes.

As to what's the point? As a founder to make money. As a creator to get backers & visibility & possibly advice. As a member to get perks & for some status & I find I'm taken more seriously by creators but I'm not sure if it's because I'm a member or if it's because of the # of projects I've backed since I joined or both.
-Tasha http://www.kickstarter.com/profile/479254504
Backed over 3,700 Kickstarters
Social media coach http://tasha-turner.com @turner_tasha
Add signature: Click your name, click send private message, click Profile tab, click Edit signature
IsrealNahsohn

Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:41 pm

I'd like to add that from what I was told, BC founders strive to have projects added before they are live by having project owners seek BC out. It's only been a short period of time since inception, so i beleive it can happen in the future. I see projects now being added towards the end of their campaigns or when stalled.