Links and Truncated Links to KS within BC posts spinning

Anything related to BackerClub.
Rhonda T

Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:40 pm

Curious if anyone else experienced this issue?
It might just be a glitch with the program or specific to my iPad, but it is extremely frustrating, so I wanted to ask if others are experiencing it before emailing BC Admin.

What's Happening?
When creators or backers promoting or discussing a project post a link to said project on KS within their BC post, every time (10+) that I try to click on said link my iPad just spins, which is frustrating and the part I can repiort.

However, II think it would also be helpful when posting said links, especially if you have truncated the link to make the project name illegible from the link, to also include the project name in your post, so that everyone can find it without the link, if need be. Thoughts?

anyone else experiencing this issue?

I am going to email Mark and the BackerClub admin team, but thought I should also start a thread in case others are experiencing this too
TashaTurner

Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:00 pm

From my iPad I find if I hold my finger down on the link until I see the options and I select "open in new tab" I have no problem. I think your idea of including the name of the project/campaign is a good one regardless. The forum we are using truncated the links which is frustrating when I'm trying to copy comments from one thread over to another.
-Tasha http://www.kickstarter.com/profile/479254504
Backed over 3,700 Kickstarters
Social media coach http://tasha-turner.com @turner_tasha
Add signature: Click your name, click send private message, click Profile tab, click Edit signature
IsrealNahsohn

Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:12 am

I can't open links directly on my iPad. I do as Tasha mentioned. ,I hold down on link and click on open in a new tab. Works every time.
Rhonda T

Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:38 am

Thanks to you both for the work around, I will start trying that
Rhonda
mdtommyd

Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:33 am

The hold the link workaround also good in Android/Chrome
--- Tom