Hi! Can you give some feedback on my campaign?

Anything related to Kickstarter
Karl H

Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:03 pm

Hi,

I am a first time Kickstarter and I would love some feedback on my campaign:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/15 ... alms-combs

I had the campaign running for a couple weeks now and the last few days the pledges has really slowed down. Any Ideas how to get back on track? Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Karl
mdtommyd

Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:23 pm

I'm not sure you're doing all that badly. Most projects get some doldrums, and you're pretty close to goal with a fair amount of time left.

The one thing I would observe is that there are no comments. Most successful projects generate some discussion. When (potential) backers see discussion going on, they feel like the product is active/viable/engaged with the backers. How to generate? Not 100% sure - not a beard person, but some sort of giveaway contest where people talk about what they'll do with the product (style, trim beard, etc.) seems like it might engage people with the product. Get them to post comments, pick the best one.
--- Tom
mdtommyd

Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:32 am

Congratulations! They were just waiting for St. Patty's day to fund Irish Beards :D
--- Tom
TenChiGin

Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:51 pm

I'd say you have a good layout with some very nice pictures, very eye catching.

Perhaps one thing not in your favour is the fact that there have been quite a few beard treatment campaigns in the last month or so, so the market may be a bit saturated (no pun intended).

On the positive side you have met your funding target, and it may be boosted by people like myself who filter for "ending soon" campaigns that they may have missed before. I've certainly picked up on one or two that I missed or overlooked because the initial campaign image just didn't catch my eye but they changed it later on and suddenly I can see at a glance what the product is all about.

I'll be trying to launch a campaign or two next year so I'll be trying to note what campaign tactics work well - seen plenty that don't work and have been able to make suggestions to some creators that ended up boosting their targets.

All the best

TenChiGin