Snapback Slim Deluxe Wallet

Anything related to Kickstarter
Nick Augeri

Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:38 am

Hi Everyone!

I'm brand new to BackerClub and I just added my project - Snapback Slim Deluxe Wallet.

I know there are plenty of wallets on Kickstarter, but I thought I'd ask for everyones feedback on my newest minimalist wallet. This is my 3rd project on Kickstarter and I'd like to hear what you think about the actual product, video, images, descriptions and anything else you may have for feedback purposes.

http://kck.st/1AM6wQo

Please check out the 3 special rewards for BackerClub Members. If you reviewed my project and backed (or didn't back) I'd love to hear why so I can continue to improve on my project to date and any new projects in the future.

Best,
Nick

mdtommyd

Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:41 am

Thought video was very well done. Short, to the point, really showed what the product was about.

Like the 2 offerings of slim and bifold. And the 2 colors too. Nice variety without being overwhelming.

The only gap I see in your offering is RFID blocking, a feature that most other wallets seem to offer nowadays.

You're already funded, so congrats!

I only backed minimally because
1) personally, my current wallet needs help to get down to the point where I could begin to consider going minimalist. I would more be in the market for a (bigger) bifold that could broken down to minimalist when needed, to get a better feel for using a full up minimalist product.
2) have already recently gifted friends/family I think could use this.
--- Tom
Nick Augeri

Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:09 pm

mdtommyd wrote:Thought video was very well done. Short, to the point, really showed what the product was about.

Like the 2 offerings of slim and bifold. And the 2 colors too. Nice variety without being overwhelming.

The only gap I see in your offering is RFID blocking, a feature that most other wallets seem to offer nowadays.

You're already funded, so congrats!

I only backed minimally because
1) personally, my current wallet needs help to get down to the point where I could begin to consider going minimalist. I would more be in the market for a (bigger) bifold that could broken down to minimalist when needed, to get a better feel for using a full up minimalist product.
2) have already recently gifted friends/family I think could use this.
Thanks for the feedback and for your pledge! This has been the toughest project for me with all the options and colors, but feedback like yours makes it worth the effort :D

Also - I considered going RFID but when I made a prototype it had a "crinkly" feel while using it, so I decided to opt out this time around. I may consider RFID in the future if I can do it correctly while feeling satisfied with the overall quality.

Thanks again buddy!
knashville

Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:08 am

Nick,

You've got a nice design and it's not an annoying two steel plate wallet. I am not a backer of your project but I would still like to share my opinions.

You are probably wondering if I like the design why I didn't back? Simple. It's not enough bill storage. "Holds up to 5 bills" is not enough in my opinion. I carry very little cash but I do have an emergency supply in a hidden pouch. Also the lack of an ID slot is a problem for me. I don't usually buy into the minimalist wallet craze as I like a good old fashion bi-fold to be honest. Your bi fold just seems strange to me with the slots for cards and then an elastic band for money.

You're funded so congrats!
Nick Augeri

Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:09 am

knashville wrote:Nick,

You've got a nice design and it's not an annoying two steel plate wallet. I am not a backer of your project but I would still like to share my opinions.

You are probably wondering if I like the design why I didn't back? Simple. It's not enough bill storage. "Holds up to 5 bills" is not enough in my opinion. I carry very little cash but I do have an emergency supply in a hidden pouch. Also the lack of an ID slot is a problem for me. I don't usually buy into the minimalist wallet craze as I like a good old fashion bi-fold to be honest. Your bi fold just seems strange to me with the slots for cards and then an elastic band for money.

You're funded so congrats!
Thanks for the feedback bud!

I completely understand the cash issue, but hopefully this explanation helps. It holds up to 5 bills with 10 cards inside of it, if you carry less cards you can add additional bills.

Also, there's four total areas to add cards on the Bi-Fold - there's two quick access slots on the front and then two hidden compartments. I typically carry my ID in the first slot on the right side and put the credit card I frequently use in the second slot that's behind it. All my other cards go into the hidden compartments of the wallet :D

I really do appreciate your feedback and I'll make sure to remember your comments for future ideas/designs ;)