OLLO Zero - a shoe NOT just for Parkour & Freerunning

Anything related to Kickstarter
SteveD

Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:52 pm

I'm supporting this project by a company with one successful Kickstarter-funded shoe design already under their belt. I've also invited them to submit for a BackerClub listing if they like. Whether they do or not, I'm hoping some exposure here can help them meet the goal in the project's final week.

The shoe's target market and appeal is really much broader than the parkour and freerunning community, but they haven't emphasized that on their project page. If you scroll all the way down to the FAQs you'll see:
DO I NEED TO BE A TRACEUR OR INVOLVED IN PARKOUR TRAINING TO BUY AND WEAR THE OLLO ZERO?

NO! You just need to be Awesome to wear the ZERO! You'll love it the moment you put it on your foot. We've heard from ER doctors, Chefs, and others who love OLLO shoes because of the fit, light weight and flexibility.
That's what sold me on wanting a pair of these for walking, jogging, and hiking. I'm certainly not a parkour athlete! :)

The project owner wrote, in a comment on the project page:
So far the project is backed mostly by the Parkour and Freerunning community. Less than 20% of backers are Kickstarter peeps. We were hoping for more action on that front.
I advised revising the description to emphasize the general appeal, and possibly getting listed here on BackerClub.

I hope the community here will consider supporting them, whether they choose to list here or not. At the very least, they look like great running shoes at a KS price much lower than well-known retail brands.
SteveD

Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:30 pm

And they're now on BC with extended earlybird pricing for BC members. Excellent!
SteveD

Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:39 pm

I just received this PM on KS from the OLLO folks. Makes a nice testimonial for BackerClub!
Hi Steve, thank you so much for suggesting BackerClub! It really is helping. We were pounded with all kinds of pitches to help with our campaign, this one works!
Thank you,
Team OLLO