Tabletop RPGs on Kickstarter

Anything related to Kickstarter
jbarron81

Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:27 pm

What cool tabletop RPGs have you found on kickstarter? I found a cool one all about giant meches called Mekton Zero last year I think. OVA an anime type system. Right now there's one called MajiMonsters which is a combination of Pokemon and D&D. I hope they get funded.
numbat1

Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:50 pm

I have backed several RPG related campaigns. I'll try to remember to dig out some and bring them here.

Katrina
Pineapple Steak

Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:32 pm

TT RPGs are kinda my default. If I see a successful RPG there, I jump on, usually just .pdf versions though. I have gotten the occasional deluxe editions, but mostly for established game lines: Call of Cthulhu, Paranoia, Space: 1889, Mutant Chronicles, Earthdawn, anything Onyx Path... Everything else is purely electronic.
justchris

Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:01 am

I've backed a couple of RPGs on Kickstarter, including Monte Cook's Numenera & The Strange, and the new Paranoia. Right now there are two RPGs that look fairly interesting.

Shadow of the Demon Lord (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/43 ... demon-lord) by Robert Schwalb is a dark fantasy game that's made to be very quick to play. This is one I've actually playtested, and there's a lot I like about it, especially the way the class system is set up. You start by choosing your race, then you choose from 1 of 4 novice classes (mage, priest, rogue, warrior). Then you choose from one of about 12 expert classes, and you're not limited by your novice choice, so you can go warrior, then go into a magic expert path. Later you choose from about 30 master paths, and again, you're not limited by your previous choices.

Blades in the Dark (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/20 ... n-the-dark) by John Harper is fantasy criminal game, where you play a group of thieves working to build a criminal empire. I haven't gotten to playtest this one, but it sounds like a less rules heavy, less tech heavy Shadowrun.

I'd love to hear about any other interesting RPGs on kickstarter though.
ShadowCub

Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:56 am

Shadow of the Demon Lord looks interesting, but my budget is SCREAMING at me. (I'm currently scrambling to try and cover my Halfsies Dice pledge since my cc was rejected.)
JohnRPG

Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:13 pm

This October seems to be a pretty big month for Tabletop RPGs - at least for me.

The Delta Green Kickstarter looks amazing, and at the moment, it's cleared $150K. The $80 price point for all the new PDFs looks like a great value, and has earned my pledge.

Pinnacle's Kickstarter for a new release of Rippers also looks very promising. I've just gone with the all the PDFs pledge on that for $35, and it seems to be knocking down stretch goals rapidly. It's currently over $40K, with a new PDF release coming every $5K. Their list of Stretch goals tops out at $50K, so I'm looking forward to seeing what else is coming.