Kickstarter FAILs

Anything related to Kickstarter
Toren

Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:58 pm

I had problems with two games (OMGTIAAIMH and Camden) with both taking years to fulfill and no communication from the creator. Currently I am dealing with 5th Street Games going out of business and not fulfilling on several campaign promises they had made.
Check out the services I offer to help with your Kickstarter Campaign on BackerHack - http://backerhack.com/backer.php?id=293
The Roll Call Podcast: The Podcast of Crowd Funded Tabletop Games - http://rollcall.podbean.com/
numbat1

Thu May 14, 2015 3:18 pm

Well, as the number of projects backed has increased so has the non-delivery or concern of non-delivery.

Two projects I backed at very high value are my biggest disappointments. One delivered very late and never quite made all their function goals then sent a notification that despite all their efforts they were going out of business so the product is no longer supported. They really did try and in some ways the idea was too successful so many of the big players in the field were able to bring competitive products to market during that time. They were totally new to the whole development and manufacture of technology and many of their backers were just as new and unprepared so there was a lot of bad feelings going on. They could have done a better job with clearer communication during their campaign (many thought the full development and manufacture was occurring locally so when they were taking development to Mexico and manufacture to China that started a downward trend for some.

The other of these two projects is still under way. They are communicating but I see many of the same signs of being out of depth and perhaps not making the product promised. They are already way late and no clear indication of when they will release beta let alone final product.

Thankfully I have many more happy Kickstarter stories including early delivery and improvement on promise or inclusion of extras as bonus.