GogglePal: The First AR Heads-up Display for Any Goggle

Anything related to Kickstarter
eyemusic

Fri May 15, 2015 4:08 pm

Hello BackerClub members,

I wanted to bring GogglePal (http://www.GogglePal.com) to your attention. Our new product already surpassed the funding goal of $40,000 on Kickstarter, and we still have 12 days to go!

Get your own GogglePal, now!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/81 ... for-any-go

GogglePal helps you track your stats, connect with friends and even play virtual games while skiing down the mountain...all from a small heads up display right in the corner of your eye. GogglePal turns any pair of goggles into an augmented reality heads-up display thanks to its patented universal mount technology.

- GogglePal starts from $99, and we offer more sophisticated versions priced at $159 and $259 on Kickstarter, partnering with professional snowsports brands Freeskier / Snowboard magazine and Zeal Optics
- 50% of the surveyed skiers/boarders want to know their key stats and 70% surveyed want to be able to connect with their friends without phones as loosing track of friends is common on the mountain
- The small and lightweight GogglePal magnetically attaches to the lower corner of a user's goggle lens allowing them to track speed, vertical, degrees of rotation, calories burned, time, location and navigate direction, all in real-time. It also connects skiers and riders with their friends so they can shred some powder together and even participate in a virtual treasure hunt anywhere on mountain.
- The free iOS GogglePal app organizes users information for easy viewing and sharing of their stats so people can track their improvement over the course of a day or season. The app also allows friends to challenge one another and share their supreme mountain skills with the world!

Details
Created by skiers and riders, for skiers and riders, GogglePal helps you track your stats and connect with friends on the mountain, all from a small heads up display right in the corner of your eye. With GogglePals augmented reality technology, you can keep track of all sorts of data, like speed, vertical, calories burned, acceleration, time and direction, and see it all in real time. Even better, you can challenge your friends, create on-mountain treasure hunts, and track your improvement over the season. Its your altimeter, GPS, trail map and more; and you don't have to take off your gloves to use it.

It consists of two discrete parts: a magnetically mounted display that sits in the goggle lens with a controller pod that mounts to the strap. When used alone, the AR-HUD device will track basic on-mountain stats. When paired with the GogglePal mobile app, you'll instantly add a whole new dimension to your adventures. GogglePal is the worlds first and only universally mountable HUD, which means it'll even work with that trusty pair of goggles you've had since high school.

Cheers,
The GogglePal Team
IsrealNahsohn

Fri May 15, 2015 6:59 pm

Cool! Is this project on KS?
eyemusic

Fri May 15, 2015 7:08 pm

IsrealNahsohn wrote:Cool! Is this project on KS?
Yes, it is on Kickstarter now!

We just joined BackerClub, and backers can get a very generous and exclusive reward -
"BackerClub members get your desired GogglePal model with a price of the lower tier, an instant refund up to $120 from tier 4 - 7!"
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/81 ... for-any-go

Need your support! ;)
IsrealNahsohn

Fri May 15, 2015 9:00 pm

Oh my, sorry, I' meant BC not KS. That is indeed a very generous offer. I was trying to find out battery life per charge but couldn't. Also, Can calls and text messages be seen on the hud or only messages sent via the app. Lastly, if it want to pledge for GogglePal Connect x 2 at $318, do I pledge for for GogglePal sport x 2 at $198?

Isreal
eyemusic

Sat May 16, 2015 2:07 am

IsrealNahsohn wrote:Oh my, sorry, I' meant BC not KS. That is indeed a very generous offer. I was trying to find out battery life per charge but couldn't. Also, Can calls and text messages be seen on the hud or only messages sent via the app. Lastly, if it want to pledge for GogglePal Connect x 2 at $318, do I pledge for for GogglePal sport x 2 at $198?

Isreal
The battery life per charge would be 8 hours. The HUD can be used independently. We're collecting more feedback from our backers to decide whether or not to display the messages and calls in real time.

And, thank you for your love of GogglePal Connect x 2, please just pledge this tier, and leave a message with your PayPal account then you'll get the price difference refund. We do this because we want to track the popularity of each reward package. This is the special offer only for backers from BackerClub.

Hope you'll enjoy your GogglePal :)