Support pledge of $1 or more

Anything related to Kickstarter
IsrealNahsohn

Wed May 06, 2015 3:08 pm

So, I have been holding back support pledges when there wasn't the $1 level listed in the campaign page. Also, I have suggested and seen suggestions from BC members that the project owner should add a support level pledge. Today, I realized after clicking pledge button there is always a $1 support with no reward there regardless if the project owner stated so in the campaign page. Is everyone aware of this and I was just ignorant of the fact?

Isreal
mdtommyd

Wed May 06, 2015 4:07 pm

Yes. KS always has the $1 (actually any amount at least $1) and no reward, at least for now. When creators do put in a support tier (i.e. $5 instead of $1), I always try to back that one, because you'll stand a better chance of getting updates, some sort of trinket. Not sure a backer is obligated to keep you in the loop if the default 'no reward' is selected. Either way your backer number does go up - I've checked that after supporting a 'no support' project.
--- Tom
IsrealNahsohn

Wed May 06, 2015 4:21 pm

I know I don't hey a button for survey or can't click got mine button. I can comment. We shall see the ramifications.

Thanks,

Isreal
numbat1

Thu May 14, 2015 3:26 pm

I have many projects I have backed this way to support and follow. I prefer it when there is a reward tier of $1 to click but will make do with the default through KS otherwise.

It took me a while to realise it was available though. There used to be default wording about backing at $1 or more and I'd think "they don't have a $1 pledge" then I found out how to do it.
TashaTurner

Sun May 17, 2015 2:56 am

I send messages to creators suggesting they add $1 or $5 pledges as I won't share a campaign which doesn't. Too many people don't know how to make a small/no reward pledge if it's not listed. I figure any creator who tells me how to make a pledge but doesn't create a reward level after I've explained why isn't interested in small backers & isn't worth my time. At this point if "backed over 900 Kickstarters" means nothing to them I walk away. I think I've gotten arrogant. :o
-Tasha http://www.kickstarter.com/profile/479254504
Backed over 3,700 Kickstarters
Social media coach http://tasha-turner.com @turner_tasha
Add signature: Click your name, click send private message, click Profile tab, click Edit signature