Hello from Maple Valley Washington!

Welcome to the Club. Say "Hi!"
halzucati

Sat May 09, 2015 1:47 am

Hello everyone,
My name is Hal Zucati and I'm an inventor and maker from the foothills of the Cascade mountains out here in a little town called Maple Valley just 40 miles south or so of Seattle Washington.

I've worked as a Machinist, as a Salesman, as a writer, and as a Father for the last several decades and I've always found two things most rewarding.

1. The time I've spent with my family.
2. The time I've spent working with my hands and mind to create new things.

I tend to back projects that show both industrial design flair as well as some practical purpose, if they can combine the two so much better! The ones I love the most are things that I've always wanted to make, but did not possess the skill, time or money to do myself. Things that simply reach out and grab me! (The ForeverSpin 2.0) tops for example. BAM! So cool!

I'm also an avid RPG, Video and Tabletop gamer, so I tend to back projects involving those things, dice especially.
While I have not backed a huge number of crowd-sourced campaigns, I do tend to back at the highest levels of the campaigns I get involved with, many times asking for and opening up higher levels of investment than the creators themselves initially offer. I mean if I'm going to support them... I want that support to be meaningful... and who doesn't need a set of Sterling Silver Polyhedral dice... I mean really.

I've had the most fun backing projects where what I'm supporting is both fun and socially interesting and something that I can share with my friends and family.

Great to be here at the BackerClub and I look forward to seeing more new and interesting work come along! Looks like a great community.

- Hal Zucati
numbat1

Sat May 30, 2015 5:47 am

A belated welcome Hal.

I am currently residing in Bellevue, Washington so on a global level we are near neighbours as well as fellow gamers. :)

Have fun and I look forward to reading your comments in discussions. Please let us know of any worthwhile and inspiring campaigns you find.

Katrina