Hello from Syracuse NY

Welcome to the Club. Say "Hi!"
AKAAdamReynolds

Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:15 pm

I just came across this club when it was mentioned in one of the updates from AKO Dice. I am excited to see the forums and projects page as it does seem to curate to projects of all types, but projects that seem like they will be great successes immediately.

After looking through the forums a little it seems most backers are in the Games category. Sorry to say, but I spend most of my time there as well. I have been branching more in to design and tech recently.

I was wondering how the lounges work. I haven't found much in the forums or the help area of the website that really explains it other than certain level members will be able to go into certain rooms. At the moment I can't find any of these doors so I am not sure if I have to be a higher level member (or how to be a higher level member). Any insight on this would be appreciated.
numbat1

Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:09 pm

Welcome.

Yes, many of us like games and/or gamers seem more ready to chat about projects.

The lounges were a mystery to me when I first joined as well. I could see that there had been some recent activity but not how to enter. Last month I was able to experience for the first time the opportunity to enter and participate in a give away sweepstakes. When there is something available you will find on the Lounges page buttons to enter any lounge you are qualified for. Your level will automatically increase with the number of projects backed. Somewhere there is a post spelling out the levels. I will try to find it for you.

Please feel free to share any projects that interest you, or that you think are dubious, and to otherwise chat with us. The forums will be what we make them.

Katrina
numbat1

Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:12 pm

This was is the BackerClub forum as the first post in the thread Ranks:

Postby markalanbaker » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:53 pm

Someone had asked what were the criteria for each rank in the Club. Great question!

Here they are:
1 Star Member: 50-74 backed projects
2 Star Member: 75-99 backed projects
3 Star Member: 100-249 backed projects
4 Star Member: 250-399 backed projects
5 Star Member: 400-549 backed projects
6 Star Member: 550-699 backed projects
7 Star Member: 700+ backed projects

Mark - Co-Founder